Monday, March 14, 2011

vanilla dome.

I made the mistake, as I do everytime I have anything important to do (i. e. schoolwork/studying), of finding something so impossibly entertaining that I can't do much aside from be distracted. Yup, I downloaded an SNES emulator and have been immersing myself in various Final Fantasy Titles, Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Super Mario World for more or less the entire weekend. My entire Saturday was spent in my bed listening to David Suzuki podcasts (which, in my defense, were actually for a class, sorta) and cycling through my newfound game collection. Its been both too nostalgic and exciting to put into words.

David Suzuki. What a guy. I'm convinced Mother Nature won't let him die until he saves the planet, dude is super old (though in incredible shape for being 74). I think he's definitely one of the most amazing people alive right now. The podcasts I'm listening to are called "The Bottom Line", which is a series he did that was aired on CBC Radio One in early 2010 or something I think? Its basically about how lifestyle is affecting the environment. He travels around to different places interviewing people about different topics like climate change, agriculture, oil, etc. Its a great series, well worth a listen, and I think you can stream it off the CBC website for free. Conservation biology and environmentalism are love.

Its time for English now though, unfortunately. How was everybody's weekend?

XO

3 comments:

  1. I ALWAYS find a new hobby magically when I'm suppose to be studying. Every. Time.

    My weekend would have cracked my sanity in two had it not been for my Amki date. Other than that? A whole fuck ton of schoolwork.

    P.S. My podcast of choice is the Dawn and Drew Show - FUNNY. Check 'em out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man... I should download and emulator. I've had a crazy craving for A Link to the Past for ages I really should satisfy it.

    Then again I want to use this Ontario time to be productive. Ohhh what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe you can be productive and lazy too! I've been somewhat managing to do lots of both things of late. Its awesome. You can ever download emulators/roms in neat little torrent packages! So fast and less dicking around.

    ReplyDelete