Sunday, February 13, 2011

somebody to love.

I cannot sleep because The Strombo Show, my preferred Sunday night sleepytimes radio program, is playing a barrage of '80s music that makes me both nauseous and a bit uncomfortable. Though I have to admit, I die for Pat Benatar's "Love is a Battlefield" and "Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division. But who doesn't? The rest all sounds like stuff I could hear on K-Rock at any point of the day or night. I think Georgie is having a midlife crisis. Poor Georgie!

In my lack of sleepies I should probably really be studying, but after watching two Psychology lectures, reading three chapters, and reading over two sections of slides for my Modern Biology & Human Society class this evening can't really say I'm too motivated to. I have a quota for how much of my limited attention span can be focused on academics each day, it would seem. Which isn't very long. I wish I could focus more on important things and less on stuff like novels I've already read and Zelda, but what can you do. Thats me and everybody, I guess.

I had a pretty good weekend. Friday the friends and myself headed out to my friend Lora's dad's lovely home in Flat Rock, which is a pretty little town outside St. John's. Most beautiful house in the entire world, it even has a three story greenhouse with all sorts of pretty plants and a loft and the entire house is filled to the brim with sunlight in the morning, its amazingly beautiful. Also, I want to kidnap her pets, they are so lovely. I got painfully drunk and we all ran around like sillies and the next morning hung out in plaid pajamas and ate Pizzaronis and taquitos for breakfast, and looked positively stately, as good friends do the morning after a bash.

Yesterday I ate at the Sprout with my sweetheart and wandered around downtown, spent the rest of my evening chez Empire where Amki and I drooled over gorgeous men in romantic comedies and wished we could whisk ourselves away to Italy for the rest of the winter. If only, the cold here is really starting to get to me. I miss grass, and sunshine. I miss colors and warmth and long days.

Today I woke up so contrary that I had to immediately crawl back into bed and sleep for another five hours or so, in some hope of feeling like a normal human being again. I don't know what's up, I felt like a tired little pile of poop all day. Very angry poop, very sad poop. The idea of being awake and doing anything, even drinking a cup of coffee, made me want to burst into tears. 

Winter does fucked up things to my brain.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment