Thursday, February 24, 2011

i was the lead in the orphan choir.

I cannot stop listening to Massive Attack's latest album, Heligoland. My dear Sarah introduced me to the beautiful track "Paraside Circus" and ever since I've been all over the awesomeness of it; I love the variety of different, rich, beautiful vocals they used. Its very different from Mezzanine, I feel, but still oh so lovely. 

I am at school today, trying to study before rehearsal times for my cousin Patrick's short piece (he's doing a directing course, and I have volunteered my services). Studying is so hard, I can never force myself to concentrate long enough, or I get super distracted by random things like hilarious websites or Facebook. One of the best parts of not having internet at my house, usually, is the fact that I can avoid this, but I usually get distracted by other things like TV shows and books I've watched/read a thousand times and still can't get enough of. 

I'm not sure how I feel this week. Weird, for surely. Its been a wonderful midterm break, though thoroughly unproductive. I scarcely opened a book or glanced at a page of notes the whole five days I was off, and I feel like a huge loser because of it. School unnerves me to a crazy extent, and yet I do nothing to fix things for myself. Its stupid. I have another midterm coming up in a week and I have the bejesus scared out of me, frankly. I also have an essay due in a week and an assignment next week and a zillion other things I will probably continue to procrastinate on. Thats just what I do, really. 

I don't know what else to say, really. Had my last midterm (from the official first round of midterms) today and boy was it a breeze. I was terrified, but 40/75 multiple choice is the greatest thing ever to find on a test, and my prof's multiple choice are always easy, considering its a 2000 level science course. Most profs like to give you five answers that sound identical, but not this guy, thank god.

I can't think of anything else to say. I want to find a copy of "Collapse" by Jared Diamond this week, a popular science writer I love; its about how civilizations and what determines whether they will succeed or fail and what will be the probable fate of our current civilization. Sounds exciting.




XO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment