Monday, April 4, 2011

here we are again all by ourselves

Its time for day 3 of the 30 day movie challenge! w00t! Today's topic is a bit more straightforward than the first two, but equally awesome nonetheless.

DAY 3: LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN THEATRES

"True Grit", 2010.

This is also the first movie I've chosen thats come out in the last two decades, I've noticed. One cold Sunday night me and my boys, Joey and Dave, were sitting around in my cozy blue apartment bored as snails, when I decided to hound them with the idea of seeing a movie. Hounding wasn't needed. Dave and I had wanted to see this for awhile, and Joey was totally down. Fortunately, all three of us adored it. How could we not? The Coen Brothers are among the best directors, well, ever in my opinion. They have such a diverse catalogue of films ("Fargo", "The Big Lebowski", "Burn after Reading"). They have something for everybody. True Grit was no exception to their genius. Its based on a novel, and is the story of a young girl back in the day who vows revenge on the man who murdered her father. Its a western, lots of horses and gunfights. The acting is brilliant; Jeff Bridges is an absolute god, and the little girl who played Mattie was amazing - she was actually 14 when she starred in the movie, the same age as her character. I was really sad she didn't get the best supporting actress oscar. Its an epic movie with lots of great acting, action, and the story is oh so wonderfully told.

And now, continuing on.

Today I am planning on spending my whole day in the library studying biology. I am there now, munching on McBreakfast, and thought I'd treat myself to some leisurely blogging love firsthand. I am terrified for finals! Argh! I just want to skip them. Between that and my financial worries I pretty much want to bury my head in the ground like an ostrich. But as always, good times will come - just gotta keep a positive attitude. It makes all the difference.

I painted a picture last night, inspired by Sarah and Lenore's GROW prompt for the month of April. Their first prompt was to grow a picture from a quarter-sized circle in the centre of the page. My circle was a bit off centre, but I painted a watercolor picture of an orange cross-section. I was pretty impressed with it. So lucky I have so many artistic, inspiring friends. Yay.


Now its off to nerdland, to fill my brain up to the brim with confusing Latin words and fishparts.

XO

1 comment:

  1. Awww I love you for doing somethingn for it! I want to see it so bad! Bring it to mullock or sarahs and scan it or something. C'mon I'll love you forever! hahaha.

    P.S. <3 Cohen brothers I will have to see that movie. Yay I will have a list of Sierra inspired movies to watch now!

    ReplyDelete