Monday, April 18, 2011

biology.

I had both my biology 1002 and biology 2041 exams today, hooray! Biology 1002 was my biggest fear of life, since it was absolutely my lowest mark going in, and I had over 40 diagrams to learn. And the kidneys were giving me hell. But life is gorgeous sometimes, and there were no kidneys! I knew every single diagram without even having to think about it! And all the fill in the blanks! The only sketchy part was probably the multiple choice, but what can you do. She always make hard multiple choice, but other than that it was my ideal biology final. There's no way I got less than a 70. 2041 was a different story; I didn't study for it much, but it was 70% multiple choice that I remembered from past tests/quizzes and the rest were common sense questions like "What advice would you give to Canadians that think we need to expend more power because we have a colder climate and larger land mass?" Easy peasy.

And because this made me giggle hysterically and my facial muscles go through a maelstrom of emotions, my favorite quote of the day:

"I was walking through the path and I saw so many birds and little critters, I felt just like Snow White." -Dave.

Something along those lines, at least. Either way, I almost punched him out. Too fucking cute.

Time for some more 30 day movie challenge, I suppose.

DAY 15: A MOVIE THAT IS A GUILTY PLEASURE

"Clueless", 1995.

But seriously, how can you not love Clueless? Alicia Silverstone is so charming and funny, the script is hysterical, and Paul Rudd back in the '90s was like, seriously dreamy. Or as they would say in the movie, "a total Baldwin". Its also a loose adaptation of Jane Austen's "Emma", which is what prompted me to read the novel. Just funny, funny great times. Hate it if you want, its definitely one of the greatest chick flicks of all time. Dies. Also, I used to have the soundtrack, and it was one of my favorite albums to rock out to when I was a kid. Gotta love "Kids in America" and "Fake Plastic Trees". And I wanted and still sorta do still want 10,000 plaid skirts with matching blazers.




DAY 16: A MOVIE YOU HATE

"Contact", 1997.

I might be being a bit harsh on this movie. In its defense, I did fall asleep and miss a chunk of it, but hey, if it wasn't good enough to keep me awake. Dave made me watch this once, and I was pretty disappointed. The idea is sort of cool; they get an alien transmission from space and its a whole science versus faith sort of thing, but it was really cheesily executed. Plus, I can't stand Matthew McConaughey, or Jodie Foster (except in Silence of the Lambs, she totally suited that role). So having to look at their both of their faces for over an hour, on screen at the same time, and ESPECIALLY having to endure Matthew trying to act... I can't even. Haha. No.






DAY 17: A MOVIE THAT YOU WANT TO SEE

"Wristcutters: A Love Story", 2006.

Man, I've wanted to see this movie since I first heard it was coming out. Its about an afterlife just for people who have committed suicide where everything is just the slightest bit shittiest than it was in real life. I love Patrick Fugit, and Tom Waits is in it! Yummy, yummy Tom Waits. Its supposed to be really funny, and have an awesome soundtrack. Hopefully someday my dreams of seeing it will come true!











XO

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaha Dave god I miss his dorky face.

    WATCH WRISTCUTTERS. Do it.

    ReplyDelete