Sunday, April 10, 2011

fish like little silver knives

Last night I finally had the pleasure of being inside my own house for more than 4 hours at a time, and oh boy was it nice. Dave and I spent the whole night studying and watching "Curb Your Enthusiasm", and woke up this morning to more sunshine and more studying. I like being home, I never really appreciate it as much as I should until I get home after being off doing whatever it is I do. I love my blue carpets, my excessive amount of posters and silly knick-knacks, my books, and of course my hat wearing ukelele playing dreamboat. What a sweetie.

Since I am behind again, it is time for some more 30 day movie challenge! Hooray!

DAY 7: A MOVIE THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY

"Breakfast at Tiffany's", 1961.

Okay, you all knew I'd have to loss some Audrey Hepburn in here eventually. She's the prettiest lady ever, and this movie always puts the biggest smile on my face ever. Between Audrey being endlessly charming, her nameless cat, and her relationship with George Peppard, I can't help but die over this movie. My favorite part is when they decide to spend the whole day doing things they've never done before, I've always wanted to try it myself. There are definitely some sad parts to the movie, but overall its the kind of movie that just makes you feel awesome. Loves it.







DAY 8: THE MOST DISAPPOINTING MOVIE 

"The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus", 2009.

Man, did I ever get myself in a hype over this movie. Beautiful special effects, Heath Ledger's last movie, AND TOM WAITS IS IN IT? How could it possibly be bad, right? Wrong. It definitely had the potential to be a cool movie, its a sort of sold your soul to the devil struggle between good and evil kind of movie. I can't even really explain what its about, it was that confusing. The worst part was in the Imaginarium scenes they kept switching Heath Ledger's character between actors, as he died before the film was completed, so suddenly he'll be... Colin Farrell! Or... Johnny Depp! They should have just revamped his character, had him disappear early in movie for some unknown reason. I definitely liked some parts of it, like the lovely visuals and Tom Waits, but other than that my brain just hurt after I saw it.


DAY 9: THE WEIRDEST MOVIE YOU'VE EVER SEEN 

"Nowhere", 1997.

Seriously, what other movie even deserves this mention? "Nowhere" is quite possibly the weirdest, trippiest, funniest movie I've ever seen. Its so over the top cheesy that its awesome, that sort of movie. The costumes and sets are atrocious, the acting is even worse, and its quite literally everybody's first movie. Mena Suvari, Ryan Phillippe, Heather Graham, Rose McGowan, Shannon Doherty, John Ritter... there are so many random people in this movie! Seriously! I could name a dozen more! Its plot is that of a typical '90s movie, really. Its about a bunch of teenagers all trying to get to a party and the madness that ensues along the way. There's a candy dress, dinosaur like aliens walking around that shoot people with lasers and make them disappear, subliminal suicide messages in Religious informercials, a guy getting his face beat in with a can of Campbell's tomato soup, and did I mention the ending? Two boys are lying in bed together when suddenly one explodes into a giant beetle, says "I'm out of here", and crawls out the window. What the fuck, right? Right.

Thats it for today, methinks! I am off to study some more of well, everything. And tonight methinks perhaps my lovely damsel Amkiram has something planned, I am not sure. Needs to figure it all out. I am sleepy. I bought a copy of "Utopia" by Thomas More as a post-exam treat for myself, gotta love those 1500's philosophers. Love you all, weee.

XO

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Nowhere. CLASSIC. I really want to watch that again, soooo trippy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I die for it, I wish I still had my copy of it :( I'll never know what happened to it. I still have the Doom Generation, though!

    ReplyDelete