Sunday, April 3, 2011

the way we get by.

Hello, friends. This weekend has been more hectic than expected. Despite my reservations about having a social weekend, I ended up being on the ball and spent less than 24 hours in my house since Friday morning. Quel surprise. It wasn't a waste, at least I got lots of Joeylove in, and lots of time in general with my sweet Mullock honeys. I love how no matter what they always want me around, and they make me feel like such a vital presence. They certainly are. I absolutely adore you guys.

Tonight Sarah came up for a coffee, chatsy singalong and I loved every moment of it. I hate that its so late in the semester and everyone is busy and I can't spend more times with my favorites. Sarah, darling, I ache for you everyday. You're like an instant gift certoficate to fun and happy times. I cannot wait to clay cafe with you soon and beach with you like everyday this summer. You inspire me so. I wish you happy paperings.

Now its time for day 2 of the 30 day movie challege! yay!

DAY 2: FAVORITE ANIMATED FILM

"The Secret of NIMH", 1982.

This question is equally difficult as the first. There are so many tremendous animated films in the world, its so hard to pick just one. I picked The Secret of NIMH because it was my favorite movie as a child; I even named my first pet, a little mouse, after the momma mouse in the movie, Mrs. Brisby. If I could watch this movie everyday, I probably would. It makes me feel such joy. Its pretty intelligent and sad for a children's movie, as well, and the animation is fantastic, particularly the super scary intense scenes where they're experimenting on the laboratory rats. Essentially, its about a field mouse who has to move her dying son safely before "moving day" (when the farmer plows the field all the little critters live in), and to do this she gets the help of the "rats of NIMH", who live in a rosebush near the farmhouse. They are all escaped laboratory rats, who have human levels of intelligence because of the experiments done on them. It has so many sad and hilarious moments. Definitely the animated movie I hold dearest to my heart.

Thats all for today. Lenore - you are in my thoughts, and I love you madly, and miss you like crazy <3 Stay strong, honeybee.

Goodnight, friends and darlings.


XO

2 comments:

  1. I peed a little when I read certoficate.

    I just imagined us on the beach drinking from water bottles filled with daiquiris and singing an ode to the sand. It was a beautiful moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks for the well wishes honey I love you dearly. <3

    ReplyDelete