Saturday, April 2, 2011

30 days of film.

I decided to do something fun with my blog! A bunch of people on facebook have been doing something called the "30 day movie challenge", which looked incredibly fun, so I decided to do it here in blog form! Its similar to the 30 days of lists challenge everyone has been doing around blogland. Basically, you get a category of sort's each day and you have to pick your favorite, or sometimes least favorite, from said category. I adore movies, always have. Theres nothing like an amazing movie to take you out of the world and put you in somebody else's place for awhile, whether it be for good or bad. I love movies that make me imagine. I love movies that make me cry (which is very hard to do, you'd laugh at some of the movies I've cried at, though). So here I begin! With day 1!


DAY 1: FAVORITE MOVIE

"American Beauty", 1999.

I really wish this question was last, just because this is the hardest one to answer I feel. Its so hard for me to narrow down a movie I'd consider my "favorite". But the one that always springs to mind immediately when asked this question is probably American Beauty. I've seen it too many times to count. The acting is superb, particularly Kevin Spacey and Annette Benning. Their hilarious chemistry as Lester and Carolyn is perfect. I love all the different questions the movie brings up about the nature of beauty and appearances, sexuality, and suburban life. Also, the script was written by Alan Ball, the mastermind behind "Six Feet Under" and "True Blood". Its perfect in almost every way. And every time Elliott Smith's cover of "Because" by the Beatles starts playing as the credits role my heart breaks a little bit. If you've never seen this movie, please do. I beg of you.


Thats all for today honeys! Now I'm off to fiercely stick my pretty nose into some hardcore biological study, hooooorray~


XO

1 comment:

  1. Awww I am so glad you have found something inspiring you to blog. : ) I will be following and reading excitedly, I know you have the best taste in movies. <3 American Beauty, good choice.

    ReplyDelete