Sunday, May 1, 2011

seeds.

Yes, it has been ages. I have no internet and school is out so I very seldom find myself online these days. This doesn't bother me too much, I can do everything I want to do on the internet in about 15 minutes flat. Facebook? Friends' blogs? News? Done. I'm not a big internetter, I'm afraid. But I've been having a good life offline - lots of books and love and movies and such. I love break, its gorgeous. I got excellent marks on my second semester of university and summer is slowly crawling towards me. Life feels pretty good.

I've been reading lots and lots lately. It feels pretty good. Here are some books I've read over break so you can all giggle at me:

"Emily of New Moon" by L. M. Montgomery.
"The Other Boleyn Girl" by Phillippa Gregory.
"Utopia" by Thomas More.
"Tropic of Capricorn" by Henry Miller.
"The Last Unicorn" by Peter S. Beagle (FINALLY!!! Allan lent me his copy and it was seriously everything I hoped it would be... so beautiful. Read it right now.)

I've been a busy little bee. Some great books, some trashy romantic historical fiction (love them), some other stuff that falls pretty well in the middle.

Also... I'm growing a pretty tea plant! I will post pictures here someday if I ever have the means to. It was one of my summer goals to grow something and it is sprouting all green and beautiful so I am very pleased.

Now, some 30 day movie challenge? Think so. I know its been ages but I will only do three. Needs to milk this for all its worth, hehehe.




DAY 18: THE FUNNIEST MOVIE YOU'VE EVER SEEN


"Wet Hot American Summer", 2001.

This movie pretty much defines mine and Allan Ford's friendship. Its about the last day of summer camp in the '80s, and stars a lot of the old school Saturday Night Live cast and lots of other pretty hilarious people. Its absolutely ridiculous and pretty much makes milk and other fluids come out of my nose. I've seen it about 15 times but it still absolutely kills me. If you have a twisted, silly sense of humor I think you'd feel the same. Also, a great summer movie. I've begun harassing Allan to watch it with me again already.










DAY 19: THE MOVIE THAT SCARED YOU THE MOST

"The Ring", 2002.

Okay, in my defense I first saw this movie when I was in grade eight, but for the first time in my life I was scared to sleep in the dark, and a little freaked out by TVs. No horror movie has ever freaked me out more. Also, as far as j-horror remakes this one is pretty great. Naomi Watts is awesome and the cinematography - all the grainy black and blueness of everything - was so eerily beautiful. This movie also kicked off my obsession with j-horror originals that lasted many years. Most are silly, but I've found some gems. Also, the original is particularly creepy. Great horror movie.









DAY 20: A MOVIE YOU WISH MORE PEOPLE HAVE SEEN


"The Dreamers", 2003.

This movie is delectable, and I've only met maybe like 3 people in my life that have seen it. So underrated, in my opinion. Its set in the 1960s in France, with the riot of 1968 as a backdrop for the film's events. It focusses on three friends - an American and two French siblings - who are students and film buffs, and much of the film is composed of clips from famous old black and white films that the friends are reenacting or remembering. The acting is gorgeous, and its incredibly sexy and funny and sad. A bit incestual, but its done tastefully and adds a lot to the film's story. I can definitely recommend. One of my favorites.









Thats all for today. I am at Mullock currently with Daniel my love, who yesterday purchased the Krupp diamond for me, or the most inexpensive alternative he could find at least. It is lovely. I am having a most wonderful Sunday, and I hope that you are too.


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment