Tuesday, May 10, 2011

can I go back to bed now?

Despite only having one class today at 2pm, I am more tired than I was yesterday when I had two classes at 10am and 12pm respectively. My body is a strange little place. Contemplating going home and reading in the bathtub and maybe taking a nap, but I think what I really need is to WAKE UP. Can't wait until Daniel & co return tonight, its going to be lovely times. If anything will wake me up, it will be them!

My one class today though was pretty good. I was disappointed that both my anthropology and chemistry classes are in room 2010 of the chemistry building. If you've never been, let me paint you a picture - its a tiny lecture hall, with fold-down WOODEN seats that make my back ache, and its always way, way too hot. I can't even imagine how bad this is going to be come August.

Aside from the classroom, anthropology seems like it will be a most enjoyable time - my prof is HOT. Not only is he hot, he's also young, hails from Russia, and seems like a very competent and sweet person. I'm pretty excited. He has lots of movies in store for us on the syllabus, including HEDWIG & THE ANGRY INCH towards the end of the summer. You can imagine my glee when I read that. Also, in sympathy of the fact that our classroom will probably moreso resemble an oven by the middle of the semester, he's offered the option of having outside classes to us on particular hot days. Now that sounds just darling.

Time for some more 30 day movie challenge now. Yay, I have school and hence internet again, do you love it?

DAY 24: YOUR FAVORITE ACTRESS/ACTOR

Cate Blanchett

Naturally, there are thousands upon thousands of amazing actors out there in the world of film. But darling Cate takes the cake for me. She's a stunningly beautiful woman, and I've seen her in the most diverse roles I've seen any actor in. She played Queen Elizabeth in Elizabeth. She played Galadriel in The Lord of The Rings Triology. She played Katherine Hepburn in The Aviator. She was even BOB DYLAN in I'm Not There, and in my opinion was the best Bob Dylan in the movie. If I see her name attached to a movie, I have high hopes that it'll be great. I don't think I've actually seen her in a bad movie, honestly. She is a princess.





Now I must go study some chemistry (already, you say? 'tis intersession, friends) and read over some notes for health ethics. I am already trying my best to do the good student thing. Wonder how long that'll last? Probably until TacomiSmit arrives back on the East Coast. Hehe. I hope everybody is outside enjoying this gorgeous, gorgeous day! Love.


XO

1 comment:

  1. I like how you are blogposting more now that you are back at mun. Also that not only are you blogposting, but changing your layout! Haha. I like this much better than the black, more summery too. P.S. you should be getting a letter from me soon. <3

    ReplyDelete