Monday, May 23, 2011

the three c's: cookies, coffee, chemistry

I woke up this morning with a little bit of a headache, after a night of hilariously vivid dreams, the kind of dreams you want to paint cartoonishly because thats exactly what they feel like. Dave's sister was getting married, and I was freaking out trying to find a dress, and Dave was late for the wedding because he was playing basketball in what looked like Harlem or something with Lora Pope (who was like a million months pregnant). Combine that with my dad turning our house in Stephenville into a hotel of sorts, and there being a washer and dryer so large that I had to stand on stacks of things on my toes to reach them in my bedroom. My brain is a weird, weird contraption.

Today I had a mini-quiz in chemistry, which wasn't worth any marks, just a wee thing to see how well our naming compounds, etc was going (which is like, the heart of the course). I was the only person in the class  that got all of them right! Considering my grossness at chemistry before, you can imagine how pleased I was with this.

I am still thinking of ideas for this blog, and others. I'm thinking of actually starting a second blog strictly for poetry business. Taking submissions from people, posting my own poetry, doing features on famous poets old and new, and maybe posting stuff about poetry events, etc in Canada. Lots of guest articles and fun stuff, I think it might be pretty nice. I just have to do it! I will probably run it by my poetastic friends from days of old first, because I definitely want them on board.

Who else thinks MUNLife is ridunkulously slow? *raises hand*

I leave you with a merry little tune to brighten your day! Belle & Sebastian is such summer music for me, reminds of swimming and walking around in Stephenville, and the smell of lilac trees. The harmonica in this song is KILLER. And since the leaves are starting to wake up and summer is upon us, theres no earlier time to get into the mood.





Love you all!

XO

2 comments:

  1. Last night was such a treat, I'm dreaming about that ice cream sandwich RIGHT NOW. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday was seriously adorably fun. I adored it! We should get a pound of those ice cream sandwiches and find the cleanest floor in the world to eat them over.

    ReplyDelete