Friday, May 27, 2011

hello, mister sunshine

Today I woke up, and actually gasped when I saw the sun glaring through the trees outside my door. Its the most beautiful day ever, and I am so grateful - its the weekend, I have no work to do this weekend (aside from a philosophy discussion post, but that'll take me all of 10 minutes, and obligatory studying) and I'm out of class at 1pm today! Could I be any happier? Doubtful. Sunshine always puts me in the grandest of moods. After my exam, Allan and I are going to get ice cream and sit in the sunshine. PERFECT.

I found this really neat little site, called The Burning House. People post pictures and lists of things they would take if their house were to catch on fire, and some of the pictures are beautiful and the objects so interesting. Makes you wonder why these things are so important to them, what's the story behind them.

What would you take in the event of a fire? I would probably grab:

- my favorite jewelry, namely my Swedish pearls, my mom's engagement ring, and my necklace from Tiffany's.

- all my notebooks from over the years, they're a part of me and I could never let them go.

- my leopard print hatbox and my beautiful vintage hat that my cousin Patrick gave me - it used to belong to a wife of a former mayor of St. John's back in the day.

- my dip pen that Dave gave me for my 20th birthday.

- my laptop.

- three of my favorite books. I don't even know what those would be right now, I guess I'd have to actually risk losing them to really find out! 

- and of course, Dave himself. I'd probably let everything else on the list burn if it meant saving him, because he's pretty and I like him.



Now its exam time, kids. Wish me luck!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment