Thursday, June 16, 2011

and i feel nothing, not brave.



Jenny Lewis, you are the absolute foxiest of all the ginger foxes to ever roam the Earth. Rilo Kiley make me smile. I can't get this song out of my head today, for some reason.

Its a strange time in life. I have exams coming up, and that inevitable sandstorm of due dates that I usually try to shrug off until the last minute. Well, not this semester. I've been studying as though my life depended on it, and I've already started on several of my essays. Its not all bad, I guess. Its all half-interesting stuff which saves my brain. I have to write an essay on the ethics of organ donation. An assignment for anthropology, in which I basically have to spend 5 days watching people go about their daily lives and take in the sights of city, record it in a journal, then write a 1000 page paper on my experiences (drawing on the rules of fieldwork and anthropological concepts, naturally). And an essay on "1984" and its use of propaganda and fear as political tools. All in all, definitely could be worse! Its all pretty fun, really.

Russian History is a looming cloud, I start June 26th. And my textbook is $114? Vomit. I want the postal strike to end so I can order a second-hand copy online.

In light of recent events, I feel pretty blessed for all my friends. They're pretty and fun and silly, and make me laugh ever so much. They make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. And at the end of the day, I get to come home and be safe and warm in a underground little blue cave with the dorkiest peanut butter gorging sweetheart a girl could ever want. I'm a lucky one. I wish people could take the little things in life and just feel grateful. I was reading a quote the other day that said something along the lines of, if you threw all your problems in a pile, then looked at the problem's of others, you'd be snatching yours back in an awful hurry. Which I think is true. Nothing is ever bad as it seems. You just have to look around you at all the beauty of life.

Well, its back to the grind for me. My apartment smells like bread and coffee, its pleasurable. What's your favorite smell, friends?

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment