Thursday, June 23, 2011

secret life

I'm back in my hometown of Stephenville, and for the first time its actually easy and not a bit strange being home. I'm one of those people who is usually filled with a sickening feeling of dread the second I get into town, and I was surprised this time to just feel very relaxed and very relieved. My days thus far have consisted of delicious BBQ, snuggling four dogs and one cat to death, and hanging out with my parents and my sister's fiancee. Nothing extravagant, just comfortable and relaxing. Exactly what I wanted. Tomorrow, we are off to the cabin for some trout fishing and, well, more BBQ. And quite possibly quite a few drinks and even more laughs.

Also, since I've been out here I've acquired two items that make my life that much happier. The first is a one-piece bathing suit thats actually cute, something I've been looking for all summer. And it was 10 fucking dollars. Wal-Mart, I love you. Mind you, its still a bit busty, but I'd have to swim in a potato bag to hide my chest really.

The second was a gift from my future brother-in-law - a stuffed Fozzy Bear! You know, the Muppets character? I am always gushing about how much I love the Muppets, and he came home from the store with it for me today. Sister, you could not be marrying a sweeter man.


Now I'm off to watch some "House". I've started rewatching the series again. Its the only medical drama I've ever loved! Also, another of the joys of being home? Its the only place I can smoke inside! Which is ironic, since its my dad's house. 'tis why reading & smoking is one of my favorite things ever - I used to do so while curled up in bed. Sigh.

How's the East Coast? How are your lives?

XO

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you finally got a bathing suit! I bet it's scandalous!

    I am slowly going crazy. I've spent one evening not studying (last Friday - eee!) in the past three weeks. It finally caught up with me last night and I had one of those evenings where I just stared blankly at walls. It hurts. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww darling <3 Will you be done exams by the time I get home? If so, we must celebrate! By going swimming, of course. Hehehe. And drink, always drink. I both love and miss you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are enjoying the Stephenville trip cousin. If you are out to your Nan's cabin and you see my Nan tell her I said hi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post fills me with joy pretty excited for this busty bathing suit! not gonna lie

    ReplyDelete