Sunday, June 26, 2011

this place has gone to the dogs

The family cabin itself! Formerly known by its business title of Heatherton Lodge.
 
My West Coast vacation is slowly drawing to a close. I just returned from the family cabin, where I've spent the last two days. It was so very nice to be back out there after so long! Everything was exactly the same.

This cluster of trees used to be much thicker, and my siblings and I used to play in the center. It had the very unoriginal name of "the tree house".

Yesterday evening, my dad cracked and bought me a salmon license, despite the fact that I was only going to be in town for another day. One of his friends owns a hay farm, and a very nice and usually plentiful part of the Crabbe's River is on the other side of it, so we went fishing down there. It was pretty gorgeous. The farmers were hauling the hay which was pretty delightful to witness - the bales were gigantic! They also had very pretty clover fields. I found Gerard a giant lump of what I think is pink quartz on the riverbank, and I flyfished for about 2 hours straight with my daddy. Neither of us caught anything, but it was nice to have some daddy/daughter time.

The driveway! 
 
Seeing Myron and Kathy was delightful as well - Myron is a chef, and Kathy is an RN so we had lots of awesome chats about both fields of work, and they were pretty delighted with how much I've grown up. They're pretty much like my American grandparents, I've known them since I was a baby. Friday night we had a pretty typical Skinner family party, at which the number of dogs actually outnumbered the people for awhile (our three dogs, my mom's puppy, and Myron and Kathy's three pure bred English Springer Spaniels.) We were all pretty tipsy.

Some very tipsy adults snacking out. You can't see my mom's face, but I think she wanted it that way.

It was a great trip, but I am pretty excited to get back into the city. I miss my friends, I miss my apartment, I miss my boy. Tomorrow friends! Tomorrow!



 XO


1 comment:

  1. Aw, it's exactly what I imagined (KNOWS there are antlers over the door!). I'm so glad you've been having an awesome time, such magic. ♥

    See you soon, duck!

    ReplyDelete