Friday, June 17, 2011

a bookgasm, but the kinky sort

I'm just biding my time at the library before class, and I've found some pretty lovely creations on the internet. I know Sarah Smith will like this. This is basically just for her, as she is a great lover of taking old books manipulating them into beautiful creations. You should see the Scrapbook she made for me last Christmas! Its been almost 7 months and I still can't stop looking at it. I first found something similar to this in poetry form on Stumble Upon (<3) the other day, and I was pretty entranced. In trying to find the same site again, I found THESE gorgeous creations by a lady named Karen Hatzigeorgiou! You are so fun, madam! Its poetry and art and craft loveliness all wrapped into one! I will post the text for each underneath, as you can't really read them in the images. Look at her website, its gorgeous!


Is it control
over my own mind
so contantly
on the verge
of calling up
peculiar dreads,
apprenhensions,
fears, loathings, pain
or doubt?


I live an imaginative life.
I lavish energy on plans
of minor importance
and build castles in the air
from moment to moment
my secret soul
puts itself in sympathy with
the whole creative tide.
Is not this a thing worthy?


Sew a
thousand
golden threads
over
her
dusty
world


Oh my god, AMAZING. Sometimes I love the internet, especially when it tosses gorgeousness such as this my way. Now it is time for sweet pre-chemistry cigarettes. MY LAST CLASS EVER YAY.


XO

1 comment:

  1. This is SO LOVELY. The talent of people amaze me! And it was such a sweet treat seeing your little face this morning on my way to class. ♥

    ReplyDelete