Monday, June 13, 2011

particle physics and cookie cutters

Tonight I went to a lecture on the large hadron collider given by Dr. Rolf Heuer, who is the director of CERN, and man was it ever... confusing! Adorable! Confusing! He's super funny and German, and made the stuff about as comprehensible as it can be to a small-minded person such as myself. Shit is way too complex for me to get my head around. As I was saying to Gerard, I like life sciences like biology because they get to the cellular level and pretty much stay there. And I am fine with that.

I am currently job hunting, and its going to be pretty funny to see what my summer career will be. Tutor for disabled children? Home care worker? Barista? Meat cutter? I have applied for pretty much everything, and am so desperate that I will pretty much take anything. Even cutting meat. I just want to pay my rent and live comfortably for the summer.

My chemistry final is rolling around soon, and I am having a hard time resigning myself to the fact that I probably shouldn't leave my house until after its over. However, my lovely Daniel's birthday is this weekend so I can't reasonably barricade myself... if he is reading this, he must sacrifice either weekday Sierra or weekend Sierra! The choice is yours, muffin! I promise you all a smiley happy Sierra at the end of it after all the stress and work I've been doing.

After chemistry is over, I have a political science midterm, and two essays due in the same week. Sigh. At least its better than doing page upon page of enthalpy equations and trying to remember what makes a precipitate and what doesn't. I'd rather write essays, really. I can write a good essay in my sleep.

In other exciting news... my mom has told me recently that shes bestowing upon me her cookie cutter collection. If you knew my fascination with these sacred items as a child, you'd be excited for me. You should be anyway. She has at least a hundred, for every holiday under the sun, and when I was little I used to have so much fun picking out shapes for her to use. I can't even remember them all now, but I can guarantee you'll all be getting silly shaped homemade sugar cookies from me for a very long time after I acquire them.

Anyways, bedtime for me!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment