Tuesday, June 21, 2011

west siiide

The last few weeks, I've had the strongest desire ever to be on the West Coast, for so many reasons. The salmon season is open, which means cabin season for the Skinners... I've pretty much spent 3/4 of every summer since I was a baby at my cabin. And its a place I adore, for so many reasons.

It functions as my dad's hunting lodge in the autumn (a family business thats been ongoing for two generations), and its been a dream of mine to have a party out there since I was a little kid. There are 3 bedrooms, each with 2 beds apiece, the comfiest couch ever, and a fold-out bed. Also, acres of fields behind it to pitch tents on!

Heatherton and Robinson's and the surrounding area are just lovely in general. Its like maybe 5 or 6 little communities, all along one road. Lots of farmland and marshes and rivers pouring out into the ocean.


Somebody in my family owns this plot of land, I don't even remember who. Does it not look like one of those COME VISIT NEWFOUNDLAND ads?



This is the mouth of the Robinson's river, down below my Nanny Delaney's cabin (which I'm sure I'll also be visiting!) This is where my daddy and I usually go sea trout fishing, and man are they tasty!

In less than 24 hours, I'll be home. I am excited to get out of the city and into the countryside for awhile, to just surround myself with beauty and family and tranquility. I'll probably be heading to the cabin on the weekend, as my father is going halibut fishing for two days the day I get out there (this trip was very spontaneous, and halibut is delicious so I'm not upset). But that just means hanging out with my momma, getting fed delicious food, and loving on my dogs, as well as my mom's new puppy, Bailey, who I am in love with already.


EXCITEMENT <3



XO

2 comments:

  1. MAD jealous! MADDDD jealous!

    I wish I was going too! I wish we were driving out together! ♥

    Call me tonight so we can have a chat before you leave. Loveee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry darling, I certainly will :) I have a job interview at around 5pm but I will be home by 6-ish/7-ish I'd say? You will hear from me! LOVE <3 And I wish we were driving out together too, so rather roadtrip than fly.

    ReplyDelete